Call for Papers for the
Fourth Worldwide Conference of the
Society for East Asian Archaeology (SEAA)
2-5 June 2008, Beijing, China
Institute of Archaeology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (IACASS)
No.27 Wangfujing Street, Beijing, P.R China
Participants and accompanying families will be housed at the Visiting Scholars’ House of CASS (just beside IACASS).
· Registration fee - $ 60 US
· Accommodation and food - $200 US (for a two-bed room from June 2 to June 5, breakfast, lunch and welcome dinner of June 3, breakfast and lunch of June 4, breakfast and farewell lunch of June 5)
· In addition, SEAA membership dues for 2008-2012 will be collected at the time of registration (An increase of the Regular Member’s dues to $25 US per annum from current $10 is being proposed).
Deadline for panel and paper proposal: July 31, 2007:
Please sent the paper and panel titles, with 100-word abstracts, to the Organizing Committee , in care of Dr. LI Xinwei firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to
Letters of acceptance will be sent in early September 2007.
Post Conference Tour:
Two tours of 3 days each, leaving Beijing on June 5 or 6, returning there on June 8 or 9 are being planned, with the tentative itineraries as follows:
1) Anyang, Zhengzhou and Luoyang, all in Henan province. The tour will visit famous sites, including Yinxu, Erlitou and Yanshi, and museums within or near these sites. As June is field season in North China, we are expecting to see excavations at these sites.
2) Liaoning and Chifeng in Inner Mongolia. The tour will visit Niuheliang and other sites in Chifeng.
Estimated cost: $360 US for one tour, including transportation, accommodation and food.
For further information and registration and paper/panel proposal forms, please see details below, or consult the website of the Society for East Asian Archaeology (SEAA) at http://www.seaa-web.org.